Table of Contents
Brita claims their filter typically purifies water for up to 40 gallons, for around 60 days, under certain circumstances.
However, some specific models may have an extended life of up to six months.
Let’s explore a few other related factors to the life span of these filters.
How Long Do Brita Filters Last – Related Factors
Brita specifies the foreseen life span of its filter by subjecting them to a series of tests. These are conducted on the water of a specific grade and using an average amount of water per day. The major factor in estimating the expected life is how much water you put it through for some time.
Different Types of filters by Brita and their expected life.
|Standard||Two Months||Up to 40 (Gal)|
|Longlast||Six Months||Up to 120 (Gal)|
|Bottle||Two Months||Up to 40 (Gal)|
|Faucet||Four Months||Up to 100 (Gal)|
|Steam||Two Months||Up to 40 (Gal)|
Some Failure Indications Of Brita Filter System
- An integrated LED indication on Brita filters turns on whenever the filtration needs replacement.
- Black particles might start appearing in the water container after some period. It often occurs whenever the filtration needs replacement.
- As the life of the filter winds down, users might start to detect smells that the filtration should typically exclude.
- If the filtration water supply rapidly begins tasting metallic, it’s necessary to swap out the filter. Whenever this occurs, the filtration system is also incapable of removing the excessive accumulation of salts like calcium and magnesium that they normally would.
- When a Brita filter gets contaminated with the contaminants, the purified water flow rate will decrease.
- The change in the water coloring is also a major indicator that you should replace the filter now as it can cause damage to the health.
Is Your Brita Filter Not Sealing Properly? Here is a complete guide for learners.
Is There Any Harm Not Changning The Brita Filter?
Over time, a filtration system may also accumulate silt and other elements and pollutants. This development of impurities gives water a goopy appearance and may seep through the water system.
Can Mold Develop On A Brita Filter?
Mold and fungus may develop within a water pitcher due to continual exposure to humidity.
Why Does The Brita Filter Have A Mysterious Black Residue At The Bottom?
The Activated Carbon is supposed to act as a filter, but it lets particles pass through into the pitcher when it fails to do its job properly. You can consume these particles without worry, and the water filters in the pitchers won’t be damaged as a result.
Do Brita Filters Become Breeding Grounds For Bacteria?
There could be bacteria and other microbes in the tap water, and a Brita filtration system won’t eliminate them. In reality, if the periodic inspection is not performed, the filter becomes a fertile place for bacteria since it is not intended to eliminate them.
Is Brita Superior To Regular Tap Water?
There is a chance that the tap water collects harmful organisms in the water. However, the Brita also has a solid filtration system that purifies the water.
Do You Recommend Boiling The Water Or Using A Brita Filter?
Water filters have been made much more reliable and efficient. The only way to know that the water you’re drinking is safe is to use a high-quality water filter.
If the source water has a high concentration of contaminants, the Brita filter needs cleaning or replacement more often than usual. As such, you must make the necessary adjustments described in this piece.