Water filter pitchers are a popular choice for filtering water because they are inexpensive and simple to use. The label on your water pitcher filter should say NSF-certified Trusted Source, which signifies it satisfies specific sanitation and functionality criteria. Filter certification ensures that the product has been thoroughly tested and meets the requirements of NSF/ANSI 53.
Depending on the model, different types of media are used in pitcher filters; most employ activated carbon to minimize pollutants and impurities. Activated carbon works through adsorption, which means it attracts pollutant molecules and forces them to attach to the carbon.
As tap water goes through, the vast surface area of the carbon acts like a sponge, absorbing pollutants. Metals like lead, copper, and mercury are removed, as are pollutants such as chlorine and pesticides, as well as organic compounds that impact the taste and smell of water.
Brita Water Filters – Overview
The Brita water filter is without a doubt the definitive leading company. Brita will be a popular water filtration brand for many years to come thanks to a combination of low-cost filters and pitchers, nearly three decades in the North American market, and a series of effective marketing and store placement initiatives.
Brita is effectively the “cheap brand” in the water filter pitcher industry, while not marketing itself as such. It’s not only one of the cheapest, but it’s also simple, dependable, and almost universal. A coconut-based activated carbon filter in the Brita water filter pitcher eliminates chlorine, zinc, copper, cadmium, and mercury.
Brita water filter Reviews – 2023
This Brita water filter reviews and buying guide will help you guide through the different types of brita water filter pitchers which are currently dominant in the market.
Brita Standard Everyday Water Filter Pitcher
- Special features: This Everyday water pitcher is BPA-free, easy to fill, fits in most refrigerators, and holds 10 cups of water, which is enough to fill three 24-ounce reusable water bottles; available in different variations.
- Simple to use: This space-saving Brita pitcher is freezer-safe and comes with an easy-fill top to make refilling a breeze.
- Dimensions: Weight 1.3 pounds; Height 10.7″; Width 5.4″; Length/Depth 10.1″
- Water taste: Get great-tasting water without wasting it.
- Environmentally and budget friendly: You may save money and replace 1,800 16.9 fl oz single-use plastic water bottles every year by converting to Brita.
- Efficiency certification: Only Brita filters have been certified to decrease chlorine (taste and odour), copper, mercury, and cadmium in Brita systems, and a sticker indicator makes filter reminders an easy task.
- Compatibility: Standard filters are compatible with all Brita pitchers and dispensers except the Stream
- Replacement: the Brita Standard water filter should be replaced every two months.
All of the customers said they felt a difference almost immediately after switching from tap to filtered water after using the brita water filter (Standard). It stands out with its new design and higher capacity, and the water tastes cleaner, purer, and more pleasant.
All of the reviews praised the simple design and use of the water filter pitcher. The filter also does a decent job of removing some contaminants/chlorine, according to the users. Copper, Mercury, Cadmium, Chlorine, and Zinc will be removed from tap water.
Brita is a good alternative for a quick fix to better water quality. It is less expensive than buying bottled water, and because bottled water is not regulated, the Brita is a healthier alternative to bottled water.
My verdict of the product
Overall, this is an excellent investment. It does its mentioned job of filtering the water from harmful contaminants and is inexpensive as compared to other similar products on the market. The overall functionality of the water filter is great as the water is purified, tastes better and the brita water filter is cost-effective which is why I highly recommend it.
Helpful tip: If you follow the directions, keep it refrigerated, clean it on a regular basis, and change your filters when your water no longer tastes filtered, you should have no difficulties.
- Cleans and purifies the water
- Removes impurities like chlorine and mercury
- Patented aeration design
- Complains with the filter lid
- Faulty delivery
Brita Longlast Everyday Water Filter Pitcher
- Special features: This BPA-free Everyday water pitcher is simple to fill, fits in most refrigerators, and holds 10 cups of water, which is enough to fill three 24-ounce reusable water bottles.
- Compact design: Features a space-saving Brita pitcher that fits nicely on refrigerator shelves, has an easy-fill locking lid, and pours easily.
- Product dimensions: Height: 10.47″, Width: 5.59″, Length/Depth: 10.94″, Weight: 2.29 lbs
- Reduce wastage: Save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles* a year by switching to Brita Longlast plus.
- Removes impurities: Reduces 99 percent lead, chlorine (taste and odour), cadmium, mercury, benzene, asbestos, and other impurities, with a sticker indicator that makes filter reminders simple.
- Compatibility: Longlast plus water filters work with all Brita pitchers and dispensers except Stream; change the Brita Longlast plus water filter twice a year which is about every 6 months.
Customers claim that they can tell the difference between tap water and filtered water from this pitcher by tasting it. One user claims that since switching to this filtered water in the kettle, they haven’t had any deposits attached to the inside of the kettle, though they do tend to build around the time of the two-month filter change.
Depending on usage and filter age, the filter rate slows a little, but overall, the water is filtered quickly. The pitcher’s size is ideal for the Frigidaire refrigerator, fitting perfectly between the shelves.
My verdict of the product
Overall, I recommend this product due to the benefits it provides as suggested by the reviewers who say that initially, the tap water does not taste well, but that the water tastes better after being filtered by the Brita water filter. For all users, this pitcher is simple to use and convenient as well as a cost-effective option.
- Patented filtration technology
- Only six-month filter
- Filters water quickly
- Hard to clean
- Handle design issues
Brita Large Grand Water Pitcher with Filter
- Specialities: The Grand water pitcher with filter is made without BPA and holds 10 cups of water, enough to fill three 24-ounce reusable water bottles; packaging may vary.
- Reduce water & plastic waste: Switch to Brita to get great-tasting water without the waste; you’ll save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles every year.
- Effective design: This space-saving Brita pitcher is easy to pour, has an easy-fill locking top, and fits well on refrigerator shelves.
- Product dimensions: Weight 2.48 pounds; Height 10.16″; Width 5.77″; Length/Depth 11″; Height 10.16″; Width 5.77″; Length/Depth 11″
- Impurity removal: Brita is the number one water filter for lowering chlorine (taste and odour), Mercury, Copper, Zinc, and Cadmium; you’ll always have cleaner water with Brita.
- Special indicator: Filtered water with an electronic indication that eliminates the need for filter changes.
- Compatibility: Longlast and Standard water filters are compatible.
- Replacement: It is suggested to replace your long last filter after 120 days for great tasting water.
This brita water filter, according to the reviewers, is a cost-effective alternative to buying bottled water because it pays for itself in less than a month. This filter is described by customers as a nice update, with double the capacity and a superior lid/reservoir system. The brita water filter is known for its easy, compact form and attractive colour. The water quality has improved, as has the users’ health.
My verdict of the product
The 10-cup volume of this water filtration pitcher makes it ideal for families, sports teams, and offices, which is why I recommend it. Furthermore, because one water filter may replace up to 300 regular 16.9-ounce water bottles, you’ll save plastic waste. Brita provides outstanding flavour, less waste, and greater savings.
- It reduces the taste and odour of zinc, as well as chlorine.
- Refilling is a convenient with the flip-top lid
- Pouring is a breeze with the comfort grip handle.
- Faulty delivery
- Issues with lid and spout
Brita Lake Model water filter pitcher
- Special features: Brita filters are the only brand certified to operate in all Brita pitchers, with an autofill lid, BPA-free construction, and no black specks.
- Fast function: Changes are made twice as quickly. There is no need to soak anything first. There are no black flecks.
- Process: The activated carbon and ion-exchange resin in the Brita filter work together to transform tap water into healthier, better-tasting drinking water.
- Gets rid of impurities: Copper, mercury, and cadmium are among the hazardous pollutants that are reduced. Fluoride, a water ingredient that promotes strong teeth, is kept at a healthy level (applies to fluoridated municipal tap water)
- Reduce plastic waste: One Brita pitcher filter can replace up to 300 ordinary 500 ml plastic water bottles, which is better for the environment and your budget.
- Replacement: To keep your water taste wonderful, replace the filter every 151 L (approximately 2 months for the average family).
All of the reviews are pleased with this filter, stating that it is amazing how quickly the water is filtered and that there are no flip top lids to deal with while filling it. According to the reviews, the brita lake water filter pitcher is really simple to use, replace the filters, and the users were able to reuse the filters from their other pitcher.
My verdict of the product
I recommend this water filter pitcher since the Brita Lake model scored well in terms of operation, and the huge 10 cup capacity seems to be the greatest fit for all customers who enjoy filling straight from the tap.
It also fits wonderfully beneath a small sink with a low-profile faucet. Because of the enormous capacity, the slim design takes up very little refrigerator space, and best of all, the water tastes precisely how it should, clear and clean.
Helpful tip: Because the insert is detachable, clean and wipe it off at random intervals to avoid mould.
- Quick and easy installation
- Purifies water and removes impurities
- Durable water tank
- Uncovered water fill area
- Heavy pitcher
Brita Soho Water Pitcher
- Capacity: The SoHo water pitcher with filter is BPA-free and holds 6 cups of water, which is enough to fill two 24-ounce reusable water bottles.
- Save money and reduce waste: Switch to Brita to get great-tasting water without the waste; you’ll save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles every year.
- Compact design: This space-saving Brita pitcher is easy to pour, has an easy-fill locking top, and fits well on refrigerator shelves.
- Dimensions: 9.37″ in height; 4.45″ in breadth; 9.8″ in length/depth; 1.39-pound weight
- Effectively removes impurities: Brita is the number one water filter for decreasing chlorine (taste and odour), mercury, copper, zinc, and cadmium; always get cleaner, always get cleaner.
- Indicator: Filtered water with an electronic sign that cuts the need for filter changes.
- Compatibility: Compatible with both ordinary and long-lasting water filters; for the best tasting water
- Filter replacement: Replace your long-lasting filter every 120 gallons, or every 6 months, and your ordinary filter every 40 gallons, or every 2 months.
The cover on this water filter fits so firmly, according to the customers, that you may pour without spilling when there is water in the top area. The entire cover pops off to fill with water, and the water drains rapidly.
The Brita water filter entirely isolates the top reservoir from the filtered water; the only way unfiltered water can escape is through the filter. The flavour of the water has completely altered, and the water itself has become lighter and more refreshing.
My verdict of the product
I highly recommend this particular Brita water filter as the reviews are the most positive for this one in terms of the overall functionality, design, material of this soho water filter and its filtration system is more enhanced and effective.
- Provides pure filtered water
- Safe and easy to use
- Compact design
- Delivery related problems
To make sure you’re buying a product worth your time, money, and attention, make sure it meets the highest industry standard: ANSI/NSF. Filters can only achieve certification standards after being pushed far past their predicted lifespan and tested with specially produced “challenge” samples that are significantly more filthy than typical tap water.
In addition to overall functionality, water filtration/purification features and product design, following are some features you need to keep in mind when buying water filter pitchers.
- False claims: Unfortunately, many filter manufacturers claim to be certified by using terms like “independently tested to ANSI/NSF requirements.” However, “independently tested to” and “certified” are not synonymous; the former usually denotes that a filter manufacturer had its testing done by a non-certifying lab.
- ANSI/NSF certifications in total: It’s always preferable to have more. There are numerous possible pollutants in water, and filters must be tested and certified for each one.
- Cost-effectiveness: Filters must be updated on a regular basis, usually every two months/40 gallons, however there are exceptions. As a result, the cost-per-filter and replacement schedule provide an indication of long-term cost competitiveness.
- Wide availability: For the time being, you must ensure that the product you are purchasing is widely available on the market, as well as that replacements are readily available.
- Reviews: Beyond their certification data and our personal experience, you should also identify the tendencies in filter owner reviews which can be both favorable and negative in order to get a comprehensive picture of how they work as well as the product effectiveness.
This list is specially formulated to showcase the brita water filter to ensure you a safe and healthy drinking water experience to maintain your overall health.
What kind of bacterial impurities can the water filters remove?
The impure water contains contaminants such as bacteria like E. coli and Legionella, viruses like norovirus and rotavirus. parasites like Giardia and Cryptosporidium. The brita water filters effectively remove these impurities to provide you clean and safe drinking water.
Is it necessary to keep the pitcher in the refrigerator?
Because sunlight and warm temperatures might encourage algae growth, it’s best to keep the pitcher chilled. If you want to store it out of the fridge, keep it in a cold, dark place away from direct sunlight.
Does the water pitcher filter remove plastic particles?
Yes, it can easily remove plastic molecules even the smallest ones that are the size of 25 microns.